Ghost ERC20 to Ghost Main-Net
Added 5/1/21 – We are sorry, but the ERC20 swap has officially ended and the swap site has already been shutdown.
The final deadline for swapping the Ghost ERC20 Token to the official main-net coin has almost arrived. The exchanges that support trading of the ERC20 Ghost have all been removed from Coinmarketcap and Coingecko. All main-net coins intended for the swap that are not claimed by April 1st will be burned.
If you have not swapped your ERC20 Ghost for main-net Ghost you should do so as soon as possible. (Instructions below)
Ghost Swap Instructions
You will be need Metamask for this process, but make sure your Ghost Desktop Wallet is downloaded first and functional.
Make sure you saved your seedphrase and wallet passwords. Follow along below to also backup your exact private key of the public address that you will use to receive main-net funds. This is a secondary precaution that will allow you to restore your funds later if something happens.
(Note) If this process is too technical for you, you can skip to the numbered steps down below.
- Navigate to the ‘Receive’ page on the left sidebar and copy your public address listed on the ‘Public address’ tab. The address will start with a ‘G’.
- You will need to click Copy Address and then click on Debug Console on the top right of the screen
- Once you’re in the debug console, type walletpassphrase yourpassword 600
- Hit enter. This will unlock your wallet temporarily while you dump your private key.
- Once your wallet is unlocked you can now dump your private key by typing
- dumpprivkey yourpublickeyhere
- Once you have your private key, save your public address and private key in a safe place. DO NOT SHARE YOUR PRIVATE KEY WITH ANYONE!
- Now go to the Ghostwallet.io website.
- Make sure you have MetaMask downloaded, unlocked, and containing your ERC20 Ghost Tokens with enough ETH to process the transactions.
- Be advised prices depend on the Ethereum Network and vary dramatically. Having at-least $20 USD in ETH on your Metamask wallet is a good idea.
- Enter your “ghost public address” into the input field on Ghostwallet.io
- Press ‘Swap ERC-20 -> Main-net’.
- Complete the first transaction by approving the contract to use your Ghost tokens in your Metamask wallet.
- Wait for that transaction to confirm and stay on the page.
- Complete the second popup to send your ghost tokens to the contract for the swap to take place.
- Wait for the process to finish, you should see a notice of completion.
(Reminder) ERC20 Swaps will no longer be available after April 1st, so make sure you complete the process. Payouts are now a manual process and may take until May 1st to receive your main-net Ghost.