Ghost ERC20 to Ghost Main-Net
The September 30th deadline for swapping the Ghost ERC20 Token to the official main-net coin has passed and the swap process has now changed. As of October 1st, 91% of the ERC20 Ghost has been swapped to main-net. There are still 1.12 million un-swapped Ghost tokens outstanding. The exchanges that support trading of the ERC20 Ghost have been requested to remove the ERC20 token so that the price feeds will no longer be sent to Coinmarketcap or Coingecko. This will help remove confusion in the marketplace over two different versions of Ghost and use only the official main-net coin moving forward.
Since previous Ghost management originally committed that there would be no deadline for token swapping, precautions were taken. The custodians have decided to delay the burning of main-net tokens held for the swap. This will help those still with ERC20 Ghost tokens that did not receive the initial messages about the deadline.
After much discussion, the custodians have decided to continue to allow token swaps, but to process them on a monthly basis instead of a daily basis for a limited time. Future token swaps will be processed on the first of each month starting from November 1st. The custodians will review the situation with token swaps in 6 months (April 2021). They will then decide whether to continue the process or to stop them entirely and burn the un-swapped main-net tokens. If you have not swapped your ERC20 Ghost for main-net Ghost you should do so as soon as possible. (Instructions below)
The wallet with the main-net coins intended for the swap will continue to be secured by the custodians. These coins will not be staked and will not collect Veteran Rewards.
Ghost Swap Instructions
- Desktop wallets can be downloaded here: Windows MacOS Linux
- Follow the steps to create a wallet.
- Navigate to the ‘Receive’ page on the left sidebar and copy your public address listed on the ‘Public address’ tab. The address will start with a ‘G’.
- Now go to the ghostwallet.io website.
- Make sure you have MetaMask downloaded, unlocked, and containing your ERC20 Ghost Tokens with enough ETH to process the transactions. Be advised prices depend on the Ethereum Network and vary dramatically. Having at-least $20 USD in ETH on your Metamask wallet is a good idea.
- Enter your public Ghost address into the input field on ghostwallet.io
- Press ‘Swap ERC-20 -> Main-net’.
- Complete the first transaction by approving the contract to use your Ghost tokens in your Metamask wallet.
- Wait for that transaction to confirm and stay on the page.
- Complete the second popup to send your ghost tokens to the contract for the swap to take place.
- Wait for the process to finish, you should see a notice of completion.
- Done – Keep reading below.
(Reminder) Swaps are a manual process done on a monthly basis at the beginning of each month. Wait time will vary, depending on the number of swaps to process. This could take many days after the 1st to appear in your wallet. Please allow enough time, your coins are safe.